Medtronic Spinal and Biologics is seeking a Senior Patent Agent to work in Memphis, Tennessee. As a member of the Core Spine IP team and being accountable for the IP of the Medtronic Spinal and Biologics Business, the Sr. Patent Agent has the following responsibilities:
• Drafts and prosecutes patent applications before the USTPO and other patent offices.
• Initiates and interprets patentability searches
• Prepares analysis of patents with relation to infringement and validity to obtain the broadest possible protection for Medtronic's inventions.
• Works with legal and scientific community on the drafting, filing, and prosecution of patent applications and maintaining all related documentation.
• 4-7 years experience with Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or other related sciences. Or 2-5 years experience with Masters Degree in Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related sciences.
• A demonstrated ability to draft electrical, mechanical and biomedical patent applications, preferably for medical device technology.
Interested applicants should apply by visiting Medtronic Careers and searching for Req Id 73228.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Memphis, Tennessee