Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is seeking a Patent Attorney. The successful candidate will become a member of the Ironwood Legal Department, reporting to the Senior Patent Counsel. The individual in this position will work closely with in-house counsel, research, business partners, and management to create and secure protection for the intellectual property of a dynamic and innovative pharmaceutical company.
• Develop, secure and defend new intellectual property worldwide by prompting and evaluating invention disclosures, conducting prior art searches, preparation and prosecution of patent applications, and responding to administrative challenges instituted by third parties, including oppositions and inter partes reviews;
• Work with in-house counsel and internal clients to develop patent strategy, manage existing patent portfolios, and monitor and analyze competitive intellectual property;
• Supervise outside counsel in the preparation and prosecution of pharmaceutical patent applications worldwide;
• Support business development and management on licensing opportunities and IP-related transactional work;
• Work with internal clients and in-house counsel on IP-related contracts and agreements;
• Counsel and educate scientists and management regarding the patenting process, as well as patentability, freedom to operate, infringement and validity matters.
• Advise clients and work with outside counsel on matters related to trademarks, USAN, INN, and copyrights.
• 3 to 8 years of patent experience with strong skills in drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the pharmaceutical field;
• USPTO registration;
• J.D. and bar admission in at least one state;
• Law firm or pharmaceutical company experience;
• Ph.D. in chemistry or biochemistry or B.S. or M.S. in chemistry with significant work experience in medicinal chemistry or a related field;
• Strong analytical ability as well as excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
To apply, send email email@example.com. Please include a resume and cover letter with your email message.
Ironwood Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer welcoming diversity in our workforce.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts