Hollister Incorporated is seeking a Patent Agent to be responsible for assisting the Hollister in-house IP Law team in developing and maintaining the Company’s patent portfolio in support of the Company's business objectives. The individual is responsible for aspects of the Company's patent procurement activities, working closely and communicating effectively with scientific, technical, legal and business team members in the process. The individual will review invention disclosure submissions, consult key stakeholders to determine the best filing strategy, prosecute and, where necessary, manage prosecution by outside patent counsel in support of that strategy. This individual will support the IP Law team and/or outside patent counsel in strategic counseling matters, including search and opinion work and enforcement matters. The individual will play an important role in monitoring competitive activity and patent filings, and will assist with oppositions of competitive patents and preparation of third-party observations as appropriate.
• Assist with obtaining IP rights
• Interface with outside patent counsel worldwide
• Conduct patent research
• Prepare and edit/revise patent applications and responses to office actions
Support the IP Law Function:
• Support Director, Intellectual Property and the Hollister Law team generally with respect to patent litigation and administrative proceedings
• Manage the scheduling, agendas, and materials for Intellectual Property Committee and Patent Review (outside counsel) meetings
• Deliver meaningful training sessions for technical and non-technical associates regarding IP rights, laws, and procedures
Essential Functions of the Role:
• Extensive use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint) and database management software.
• Occasional international and domestic travel.
• Frequent communication with outside attorneys/agents, as well as, with business units regarding intellectual property matters.
• Bachelor's degree and/or graduate degree in organic or polymer chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science, materials science, or other relevant technical degree.
• Registration before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
• 5 or more years' experience working as a patent agent in a corporate law environment or law firm.
• Familiarity with procedures for handling domestic and foreign intellectual property practice matters.
• Self-motivated, creative, strong organizational skills with emphasis on attention to detail, and ability to maintain confidentiality. Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Up to 10%
*Hollister is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online by visiting this link: https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=Hollister&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_US&career_job_req_id=4541&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=OGdr7ZXeguBHxnkr6dHTBuKIVC4%3d.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Libertyville, Illinois
For over 90 years, Hollister Incorporated has built a strong foundation of quality medical products, quality services, and quality employees - making a difference in the lives of those we serve. Hollister Incorporated stands strong: We are an independent and employee-owned company. Committed to our customers. Dedicated to our employees. Working towards the future with a long-term vision.
Our challenge at Hollister Incorporated is to find those who share this dedication of helping others. Those searching for a way to make a difference. To leave a legacy of achievement. Knowing it takes talent, teamwork, and sheer determination.
Hollister Incorporated is a company where dedicated professionals can channel their efforts in a worthwhile cause. A company where good work is rewarded. Where contributing selflessly is highly regarded. This growing global medical device company will make the journey...with you. So join us, and make a difference.