Tokyo Electron U.S. Holdings is seeking a Paralegal to work in its Austin, Texas offices.
• Prepare, file, and assist with U.S. and foreign prosecution of patent applications, including: (1) Preparation and execution of document pertinent to application filing, i.e., Application Data Sheets, Declarations, Assignments, etc.; (2) Compilation and loading of patent application documents for filing at USPTO EFS-web; (3) Preparation and submission of filing instructions to foreign associates; (4) Preparation of Information Disclosure Statements; (5) Recordation of patent assignments; (6) Preparation of PCT Request and compilation of patent document necessary for PCT filing; (7) Preparation of Office Action response boiler-plate, cited art, and other materials for IP Practitioners; and (8) Docketing of Invention Disclosures from inventors.
• Docket all incoming correspondence from the USPTO and domestic/foreign associates, and execute regular docket reports for IP practitioners, including following up with IP Practitioner activity, verifying attendance to deadlines, and reviewing progress on applications.
• Organize quarterly annuity reports for all US and EU sites, including statements from CPI Annuity and CPA Global, submit newly granted patent data to CPI/CPA for patent maintenance monitoring, respond to data inquiries from CPI/CPA, and confirm annuities paid through CPI/CPA.
• Maintain organized filing system, including both electronic and physical files.
• Monitor USPTO Deposit Account and replenish when necessary.
• Understand and stay abreast of changes to USPTO and PCT rules and processes.
• Populate docketing system and electronic file wrapper system with patent data received from third party files following IP portfolio acquisitions.
• Compile monthly submission of IP/Legal invoices for Director, IP, and submit for review and authorization.
• Education: High School diploma required (or equivalent), College degree preferred. Paralegal Certificate and 3 - 5 years patent prosecution experience.
• Patent Prosecution experience is required.
• Proficient in CPi docket management system.
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Proficient with USPTO EFS-WEB and Patent Application Information Retrieval (PAIR).
• Capable of addressing daily matters with minimal instruction, and able to quickly adapt to new assignments.
• Capable of taking initiative and anticipating the administrative needs of the IP Practitioners.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
Apply by emailing us at: Careers@us.tel.com.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Austin, Texas
We engineer success. Tokyo Electron U.S. Holdings is the holding company of TEL’s U.S. subsidiaries. We oversee the intensely innovative development and production of cutting-edge products that are used globally in the electronics industry. Our employees work closely with chip manufacturers, material suppliers, and other equipment suppliers to pursue common goals and learn collectively in a pre-competitive manner ensuring timely solutions to the technology roadmap of the semiconductor industry.