Moderna Therapeutics is seeking a skilled para-professional (assistant or paralegal) for in-house legal support with a focus on intellectual property and transactional matters. This talented individual will be instrumental in supporting internal efforts directed at patent preparation, filing, and prosecution. The position will also involve support of transactional work directed to various contracts and agreements including MTAs, CDAs, JDAs, MSAs, research collaborations, and licensing agreements. The IP assistant/paralegal will also provide general support of the company’s legal department as well as special projects as they may arise within the department.
• Effectively collaborates with in-house attorneys and agents and coordinates with outside counsel/staff
• Supports timely patent preparation, filing and prosecution activities
• Support and manage all contract and transactional work at the company
• Responsible for special projects including, but not limited to; due diligence, assignment projects, interference proceedings, post grant review, sequence listings, re-examinations, and on-line patent database searches
• Assumes additional responsibilities, as assigned
• 3 years of legal administrative or para-professional experience in a corporation or law firm
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, searching and docketing software
• Effective collaborator interpersonal skills
• A BA/BS degree
• Experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry or at law firm that supports the same
• Familiarity with technical aspects of biological or chemical sciences
• Notary Public certification
• Detail Orientation (strong attention to detail and high quality work standards)
• Highly Organized (ability to prioritize and perform effectively under pressure)
• Results Orientation
• Operates Independently (works independently and meet deadlines with minimum supervision)
• Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
• Effective Communication (oral and written)
Apply online at: http://modernatx.com/revolution.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Why join Moderna Therapeutics:
Moderna Therapeutics is pioneering messenger RNA therapeutics™, an entirely new in vivo drug modality that produces human proteins or antibodies inside patient cells, which are in turn active intracellularly or secreted. This breakthrough platform addresses currently undruggable targets and offers a superior alternative to existing drug modalities for a wide range of disease conditions. Moderna has developed a broad intellectual property estate relating to mRNA therapeutic technologies ranging from novel nucleotide chemistries to specific drug compositions. The company plans to develop and commercialize its innovative mRNA drugs—initially for rare diseases and oncology—while partnering drug candidates in other therapeutic areas in order to rapidly deliver this innovation to patients.
Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Moderna is privately held and was founded in 2010 by Flagship VentureLabs in association with leading scientists from Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Moderna recently signed a collaboration agreement with Astra Zeneca that provided a $240MM upfront payment (plus milestone payments).
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.