Sandia National Laboratories is seeking a Patent Attorney for its Legal Technology Transfer Center. This attorney will provide legal advice and assistance in all matters involving or relating to intellectual property issues, regulations and policies. The selected candidates will counsel on technology transfer activities, licensing negotiations, cooperative research and development agreements and non-disclosure agreements. Sandia is seeking a patent attorney with three to seven years of licensing and transactional patent experience in high technology areas. The successful candidate will be responsible for counseling on licensing activities, negotiations, and contracts. To a lesser extent, the successful candidate will be responsible for patent protection, including reviewing invention disclosures, leading patent review committees, drafting patent applications, reviewing applications prepared by outside counsel, prosecuting patent applications in USPTO, conducting prior art searches, and otherwise supporting technology transfer activities of a major national laboratory.
- The successful candidates must have an undergraduate degree in Physics, Engineering, Materials, or a relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
- Requires a U.S. law degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- This position requires the candidate to have three to seven years of law firm and/or in-house experience in intellectual property licensing.
- Admission to practice in at least one U.S. state.
- Current registration with the USPTO is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills are needed.
- Candidates should have strong project, and client management skills.
- Proven track record of success in the patent field.
- Familiarity with FAR and DEAR regulations is desired.
Sandia National Laboratories is seeking a Patent Attorney for its Legal Technology Transfer Center. This attorney will provide legal advice and assistance in all matters involving or relating to intellectual property issues, regulations and policies. The selected candidates will counsel on technology transfer activities, licensing negotiations, cooperative research and development agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT
To apply, please visit this website: http://sandia.jobs/albuquerque-nm/technology-transfer-attorney-experienced/ED1A596F845641BAA3A0CC3263C349D4/job/?utm_source=patentlyo&utm_medium=JOBS&utm_campaign=DE-Pilot.
Employer Type: Government
Job Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico