Sigma-Aldrich is seeking a Senior Patent Attorney to work in its St. Louis, Mo., offices. The successful candidate will be an experienced patent attorney responsible for supporting active research, development and licensing programs. The position includes a variety of responsibilities such as capturing invention disclosures, performing and managing prosecution, analyzing third-party patents, and conducting due diligence related to potential acquisitions.
Essential Job Function
- Experience in intellectual property licensing and litigation.
- Management of worldwide patent strategies.
- Align a growing, worldwide patent portfolio with a dynamic business, including the capture and review of invention
- disclosures and the preparation of recommendations for the Intellectual Property Review Committee.
- Independently draft and prosecute patent applications of particular importance to Sigma’s business and manage domestic
- and foreign outside counsel in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications.
- Advise on the acquisition, development, and commercialization of third-party technologies and related intellectual property
- Experience in conducting and drafting FTO and patentability searches and opinions.
- Advise on third-party patent claims against products and technologies.
- Support patent licensing and enforcement activities.
- Provide information and training to internal groups as required regarding patent protection procedures and programs.
- Provide such other patent, licensing and intellectual property support as may be assigned.
- 5+ years of experience as a patent attorney in a top-tier law firm, and, preferably some experience working in-house.
- Juris doctor degree.
- Admission to a state bar and USPTO.
- Masters degree or PhD in chemistry or material science.
- Self-initiative and ability to work with minimum of direction under pressure.
- Superior communication, organization and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
Sigma-Aldrich offers a highly motivational and rewarding working environment with attractive salary, benefits, retirement, relocation and incentive packages including tuition reimbursement. Sigma-Aldrich fosters the growth of employees in a culture of respect and dignity with ample opportunity for career advancement. Sigma-Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Interested candidates please apply directly to our job link below. Thank you. https://sappwe.sial.com/sap/
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri