Cardinal Intellectual Property is seeking Patent Search Analysts to add to our team! This role will be responsible for conducting patentability, infringement, validity, freedom to operate, clearance, and landscape searches for our private clients, as well as performing search work through our government contract and rendering opinions* based on the search results. As an Analyst, you are free to work from home or a remote office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently conduct patentability, validity, infringement, freedom to operate, clearance and landscape searches
- Prepare written opinions based on search results for Patent Cooperation Treaty International Patent Applications
Education and Experience
- In the following technical areas a minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required: Computer and Information Sciences; Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering; Life Sciences; Physical Sciences
- In the areas of Biotechnology and/or Chemistry a minimum of a Masters Degree is required (PhD and/or JD preferred)
- Current high need areas are in the Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical, Chemical, and Computer arts.
- JD is a plus, but not required
- Prior art searching experience is a major plus
- Proficiency in database searching
- Excellent attention to details, analytical and critical thinking, - proof-reading abilities, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively alone
Cardinal Intellectual Property is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal or State law.
*Please note: these opinions are not legal opinions. Cardinal IP is a legal services company, not a law firm.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Evanston, Illinois (or telecommute)
Cardinal Intellectual Property is a patent search and services company. Our staff includes scientists, patent agents, attorneys, and former patent examiners who conduct thorough, in-depth patent research and analysis. We also provide intellectual property monitoring services for areas ranging from docketing, to trademarks and copyrights to competitive intelligence, litigation and licensing. Our offices are located in downtown Evanston, only a few blocks from Northwestern's campus and close to the Davis Street el stop. You can visit our website, www.cardinal-ip.com, for more information about our company.