Cardinal Intellectual Property, an Intellectual Property Search and Services company, is seeking a Patent Search Analyst. Analysts are responsible for conducting patentability, infringement, validity, freedom to operate, clearance, and landscape searches for our private clients, as well as performing search work through our government contract and rendering opinions* based on the search results. This role is free to work from a remote home office. Compensation is variable, based on production, providing the search professionals the ability to earn increased compensation with increased effort and/or efficiency.
*Please note: these opinions are not legal opinions. Cardinal IP is a legal services company, not a law firm.
• In the following technical areas a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required: Computer and Information Sciences; Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering; Life Sciences; Physical Sciences
• In the areas of Biotechnology and/or Chemistry a minimum of a Masters Degree is required (PhD and/or JD preferred)
• Current high need areas are in the Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical, and Computer arts.
• JD is a plus, but not required
• Prior art searching experience is a major plus
• Proficiency in database searching
• Excellent attention to details, analytical and critical thinking, proof-reading abilities, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively alone
Cardinal Intellectual Property is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Apply online by visiting this link: http://www.cardinal-ip.com/careers/careers.html. Cardinal Intellectual Property, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Nationwide (Remote)
Cardinal Intellectual Property (CIP) is an Intellectual Property Services Company. Our staff includes scientists, patent agents, attorneys, and former patent examiners who conduct thorough, in-depth patent research and analysis. We also provide intellectual property monitoring services for docketing, trademarks and copyrights, competitive intelligence, litigation and licensing. Our offices are located in Evanston, only a few blocks from Northwestern's campus. You can visit our website, www.cardinal-ip.com, for more information
We currently employ over 100 scientific and legal professionals to conduct patent searches and analyses, working remotely via a secure Virtual Private Network-based extranet.
The company culture is creative, fast-paced and focused on massive growth. We work to foster an environment that promotes growth, appreciates diversity of thought, and provides continuous opportunities for development.