Mueting Raasch Group is seeking a Patent Associate to work in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides legal advice and representation to individuals and businesses seeking patent prosecution.
- Evaluates viability of patent requests; completes and files patent applications.
- Maintains knowledge of scientific, technological, and legal developments including completion of continuing legal education.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of technology and scientific developments.
- Thorough understanding of intellectual property law with emphasis on patent prosecution.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced/volume, and at times, stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software, Computer Science Engineering, or a related engineering field.
- Advanced degree in Bio-Tech or Chemistry Engineering.
- A juris doctor from an accredited law school, required.
- Active license to practice law and in good standing, required.
- Registration to practice before the USPTO, required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Occasional lifting of objects of up to 20 pounds.
Apply via email to:
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota