Loza & Loza LLP, a fast growing and dynamic intellectual property practice, is seeking an EE/software patent attorney with at least 4 years of experience in patent prosecution.
Firm Culture: Our firm is made up of experienced, tech-savvy, entrepreneurial attorneys, and we hope to add similar attorneys to our team. We have a cohesive group of attorneys with unsurpassed technical expertise and work quality. Attorneys set their own work schedule and hourly rate(s), and there is no minimum hourly requirement. This is a great opportunity for those who pride themselves in providing excellent work quality and client service.
Compensation: Our firm has one of the most generous compensation structures in the industry, matching or exceeding large firm compensation. Additionally, we have a yearly profit-sharing plan that rewards client origination.
- Electrical Engineering or Software/Computer Science Bachelor/Master Degree.
- At least 4+ years of patent preparation, prosecution and consulting experience.
- Strong grasp of complex technologies (e.g., you are the attorney your colleagues turn to for technically difficult/complex cases).
- Large law firm or boutique patent law firm experience required.
- Proven track record of developing clients.
- USPTO patent bar registration and at least one state bar license and good standing is required.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and proactive problem solver who can work autonomously and can handle significant client contact.
If you are interested in working with us, please send a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples (office action and published/patented application) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Nationwide or telecommute