Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is seeking an Intellectual Property Legal Administrator for its Office of General Counsel.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as primary contact for intellectual property-related inquiries and requests from faculty and staff members, law firms, licensing entities, and collaborating institutions.
- Review and process all intellectual property-related correspondence including all electronic mail sent to the Intellectual Property Docketing Inbox.
- Enter new Institute intellectual property assets, deadlines, and documents into and audit existing data in the electronic database/filing system.
- Prepare docket reports tracking intellectual property disclosures, assets, and deadlines.
- Submit renewal service payments to patent offices via an online service provider interface.
- Research and respond to requests for protection filing documents and statuses using internal systems and online patent office portals, including USPTO Public/Private PAIR.
- Assist with the supervision of law firms in the acquisition and maintenance of Institute intellectual property assets.
- Develop and document policies and procedures for new and existing functions, systems, and personnel.
- Work closely with technology transfer professionals in the Belfer Office for Dana-Farber Innovations to support business development, sponsored research, licensing, and compliance efforts.
- Prepare, coordinate execution of, and record intellectual property assignment, declaration, and power of attorney documents.
- Maintain electronic and/or hardcopy files of signed documents and trademark specimens.
- Coordinate Patent Committee meetings, keep minutes, and correspond with outside counsel regarding Patent Committee decisions.
- Perform duties related to other special projects as required.
apply online via the following link: https://careers-dfci.icims.com/jobs/15523/intellectual-property-legal-administrator%2c-office-of-general-counsel/job?mobile=false&width=1903&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Employer Type: Non-Profit
Job Location: Brookline, MA