Epiq Counsel, a large corporation, is seeking an in-house Corporate Patent and Licensing Attorney to work remotely.
Roles and Requirements:
- Minimum of eight years’ of Intellectual Property experience with a deep focus on the patent process and commercialization of patents from ideation to launch.
- Deep expertise in patent prosecution, portfolio management, and technology transfer.
- Experience in-house, at a laboratory, university, or government setting.
- Expertise in strategically aligning IP assets (including patent applications) with clients’ commercial objectives, analyzing and mitigating risk across the organization, and ensuring quality deliverables tailored to clients’ commercial objectives.
- Demonstrated skill in and knowledge of the concepts and processes involved in preparing for negotiations, conducting negotiations, and counseling clients regarding developments and options in a negotiation relating to intellectual property.
- Client service orientation with excellent communication skills, including the ability to manage a large patent portfolio while collaborating closely with a variety of internal business clients, outside counsel and inventors to drive expert support and guidance.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate experience in biology or physics preferred but not required.
- Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Member in good standing of a Bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia.
- Partner with the legal and business teams focused on the intersection of national security and science.
- Support the licensing group by understanding their key business strategies.
- Manage, oversee and coordinate on a large patent portfolio across a variety of sciences and technologies. Including but not limited to patent preparation and prosecution functions between the business division, inventors, licensing group, and outside counsel for multiple patent sub-portfolios.
Apply Online at:
Please include a resume and best contact information for an interview.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Remote, New Mexico