CCIA, a high tech trade association, is seeking a Patent Counsel to join its team. The patent counsel will become an integral part of CCIA’s patent reform team. Job duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Serve as lead patent counsel to association’s patent reform efforts, including working with member companies and other association personnel in:
- preparation of filings and briefs in relevant proceedings aimed at advancing association's patent advocacy;
- direction, daily management of, and writing for association’s online patent litigation resource (patentprogress.org);
- authoring white papers, articles, and commentary on patent law and policy as needed; act as spokesperson on patent law & policy; and
- support of association legislative advocacy on patent law (lobbyist registration may be required).
• Day-to-Day management of www.patentprogress.org. This includes writing daily blog posts, editing blog posts, database management, following patent litigation closely, working with the patent group. Patent Progress is CCIA’s new website seeking to reform of the current patent system, specifically software patents, focusing on the smartphone wars and patent trolls. As part of the website, there is a database of cases, patents, scholarly articles and legal filings that needs to be kept current. Additionally, there is a team of bloggers posting for the site this person will be responsible for managing.
• Work with CCIA member companies on development of CCIA patent policy positions.
Commensurate with experience
Minimum of one year experience as a patent attorney, preferably 3-7 years experience; deep understanding of patent law and USPTO; dynamic personality and willingness to interact with and work with the media.
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading "Application for Patent Counsel".
Employer Type: Other
Job Location: Washington, D.C.