DuPont Pioneer is looking for an attorney who will join the DuPont Intellectual Property litigation team with primary focus on patent litigation. A general description of the duties, previously demonstrated experience, expected skills/proficiencies and required qualifications is as follows:
• Manage US patent litigation including related post-grant proceedings and other disputes on behalf of the Company for the assigned business. Responsibility for all aspects of litigation and disputes, including responsibility for:
• case development, witness and trial preparation, attendance at key depositions and hearings, engagement with third party neutrals and opposing counsel.
• leading or co-leading cross-functional (e.g., commercial, research/technical, internal and external legal) teams in litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and strategic efforts.
• all aspects of discovery process, including supervising document retention, collection and production processes, electronic discovery processes, etc.
• outside counsel and vendor management, including negotiating fee agreements, creating and monitoring budgets, reporting financial forecasts to internal stakeholders, etc.
• Support strategic efforts for risk assessment, including working with business patent professionals on FTO issues and global IP strategy.
• Provide legal advice to diverse group of highly engaged stakeholders – e.g., commercial, research and other technical stakeholders, and legal and business management teams.
• Partner with legal and non-legal colleagues to address potential disputes in order to avoid litigation.
• Train lawyers and non-lawyers in aspects of litigation related subject matter; act as litigation resource for non-litigation legal colleagues and business.
• Communicate effectively within the organization.
Previously Demonstrated Experience:
• Seeking an individual having a combined minimum of 10 years of patent litigation experience as (1) partner or senior associate at leading law firm with significant patent litigation experience; and (2) an in-house patent litigation professional responsible for significant patent litigations
• Senior level experience in all aspects of litigation – e.g., managing daily activities, taking/defending depositions of key executives, arguing dispositive motions, preparing experts and expert reports, etc.
• Previously demonstrated experience as outside counsel working directly with internal counsel and clients
• Demonstrated ability, experience, and comfort advising and counseling senior executives
• Ability to work effectively with diverse constituency
• Subject Matter Expertise: Exceptional skills in all aspects of IP litigation, IP disputes and general litigation matters
• Excellent Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively at all levels – e.g., equally comfortable with scientists, sales/marketing and corporate executives
• Teamwork: Team focused and willingness to contribute to highly motivated team of experienced professionals
• Leadership: Ability to lead or co-lead cross-functional team of subject matter experts – i.e., senior research, commercial or corporate executives – in strategic matters
• Accountability/Responsibility: Remaining accountable and responsible for legal matters and legal advice to the business
• Business Focus: Ability to learn all aspects of business and then translate or apply legal or litigation issues to business issues and objectives
• Minimum 10 years’ patent litigation experience
• Juris Doctorate degree from accredited law school
• Admission to state bar
• Biotechnology background preferred but not required
• Admission to the USPTO preferred but not required
Apply online at: http://careers.dupont.com/
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Wilmington, Delaware