Nike seeks a Patent Liaison to work in its Portland, Ore., offices. As a key member of the Nike Patents Team, the Patent Liaison will work closely with Patent Experts, Nike Innovation teams, and outside counsel providing assistance in moving inventions through the patent process while supporting the management and development of Nike’s world class patent portfolio.
The Patent Liaison will coordinate and assist Patent Experts in innovation development sessions and Patent Review Committees, perform technical searches, review invention disclosure materials to provide a summation for outside counsel, , and coordinate with innovators to obtain necessary technical details to incorporate into patent applications and patent strategies.
The Patent Liaison will help form a team approach to managing the patent portfolio, working with Nike Patent Paralegals, Nike Patent Assistants, and outside patent counsel teams to maintain dockets for Patent Experts and ensure that data and documents housed in the IP management system are accurate and up-to-date.
The Patent Liaison will report on metrics that monitor the pace and efficiency of the innovation capture and patent procurement process, and assist in providing patent status updates to inventors and business units.
Nike is an energetic and dynamic company. The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, a motivating personality, and a passion for learning.
In short, life is a sport, make it count. Write the future. Find your greatness.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in science or engineering.
- Ability to communicate technology in both written and verbal form and to interact with a wide array of individuals having expertise in areas of design, science, engineering, and business in a continually dynamic environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience in facilitation of committees and meetings.
- Ability to process and understand diverse technical concepts in a fast-paced environment.
- Patent experience a plus, but not required.
- Prior art searching experience a plus, but not required.
- Docket coordination/maintenance experience a plus, but not required.
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online here: http://jobs.nike.com/oregon/legal/jobid5743203-patent-liaison-jobs.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Portland, Oregon
The heart of Nike is built around one simple idea -- innovate. Whether that innovation is called Nike Air or Nike Free or Nike Flyknit or the Nike+ FuelBand, the principle is the same: think something that nobody has thought before and create product that is uniquely innovative and uniquely Nike.
So take chances. Think bigger than the next achiever. Just know one thing. The more you succeed, the higher we’ll raise the bar.