Enjoy interacting with clients? Eager to leverage your analytical, research and management experience?
Desire BIG company benefits in a small company environment? If so, we need to talk!...
Headquartered in New York, we are a global community of researchers finding key evidence that increases patent quality and resolves litigation. We enable our clients to access the world’s validity evidence to make better patent-related business decisions. Our clients connect with a global virtual workforce of subject-matter experts and researchers who submit non-digitized evidence and foreign-language non-patent literature. Due to growth, we are currently seeking a Director of Research to join our friendly team of professionals!...
Director of Research
In this unique role you will have the opportunity to direct a team of analysts in the analysis and review of submitted patent-related literature. We will rely on you to author and prepare patent studies for internal and client review as well as post studies to our intranet. Additionally, you will assist in sales support efforts while performing the following duties:
• Conduct substantive secondary review of patent reference collection submitted from global online crowd sourcing community
• Define and write patent study preview
• Oversee patent study delivery process with a focus on continuous improvement
• Support sales effort with research and analysis
Our ideal candidate will be a professional, self-starter with the natural ability to work under pressure to meet inflexible deadlines. In addition, excellent management, analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal) are a must!
Required skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proven track record in library and database research
• 10+ years experience with complex patent issues
• ability to understand and explain a broad range of technologies and sciences
• Previous prior art research position
• Strong familiarity with patent law
• Deep knowledge of patents (inventive, invalidity, licensing, infringement, patent mapping, state-of-the-art)
• Strong technology background – hard sciences, high technology, EE
We offer a competitive salary of $75-90k (commensurate on experience) in addition to:
• Company bonus
• Paid time off
• Medical, dental and vision benefits coverage
• Challenging work and the potential for career advancement
• An environment where respect, satisfaction and hard work are valued!
To respond to this opportunity, please go to:
Employer Type: Other
Job Location: Williston, Vermont