RainDance Technologies is seeking a Patent Agent who will have overall responsibility for drafting and prosecuting of our patent portfolio, and for maintaining related internal records and analyses. The Patent Agent works directly with outside patent counsel (which is responsible for docketing and for strategic review and other aspects of patent prosecution). The position reports to the VP Intellectual Property. The Patent Agent works with the VP Intellectual Property and the CTO to identify and develop inventions for development into patent applications, and, together with the CEO, to develop strategies for patent development and in-licensing. The Patent Agent works directly with scientists and engineers, as well as marketing and sales people, at RainDance to ensure that patent prosecution addresses high-value commercial areas and anticipates market needs as well as technological developments and opportunities.
- Manage company patent portfolio, evaluate freedom to operate positions with respect to new or existing products, solicit and develop invention disclosures, draft patent applications and responses to office actions for review by the VP Intellectual Property and outside patent counsel.
- Participate with VP Intellectual Property and internal corporate counsel with respect to negotiation of intellectual property aspects of licensing, collaboration, and other agreements.
- Monitor and provide competitive intelligence support through assessing competitors’ intellectual property and activities for potential impact to company.
- Provide support in areas of export control classification of products and contract review as needed.
- Bachelors degree in a field of science or engineering related to Life Science research.
- At least 5 years experience as a patent agent in Life Science tools or diagnostic company
- Registered to practice as a patent agent in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Familiarity with Lexis, Westlaw, Delphion, MicroPatent or other patent-related services.
Apply online at our website by visiting this link: http://raindancetech.com/
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Billerica, Massachusetts