Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Patent Agent at our State of the Art North American Automotive Center in Troy, MI, or our campus in Wooster, OH. The primary role of this position will be drafting and prosecuting Schaeffler Group patent applications based on regionally submitted invention disclosure and priority patent applications first - filed in Germany.
- Preparing patent applications based on submitted invention disclosures
- Working with internal and external drafters to prepare patent drawings and providing hand sketches when necessary
- Re-drafting German priority applications for filing with the United States Patent and Trademark office (USPTO)
- Drafting responses to USPTO office actions
Qualified candidates will have:
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Registered to practice before the USPTO or willing to study for and sit for the patent agent exam within 1 year of hiring
- At lest 1 year experience with automotive drivetrain components and assemblies
- At least 1 year experience reading, drafting, and prosecuting patent claims or at least 5 years experience drafting technical documents
- Demonstrated ability to work individually to meet strict deadlines
- German language skills are a plus
To apply, please email Amanda Bayliss at email@example.com.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Wooster, Ohio or Troy, Michigan