CCIA, a leading Washington, DC-based technology trade association, seeks a patent counsel to join its team. The Patent Policy Counsel will become an integral part of the Association’s IP policy group. Job duties will include, but not be limited to:
- advancing the Association’s patent policy agenda, including working with CCIA member companies and other Association personnel in:
- regular authorship of patent-related communications, including advocacy and analyses for Association members and in the public, including articles, posts, papers and commentary on patent law and policy;
- preparation of filings and appellate briefs in relevant proceedings aimed at advancing the Association’s patent policy advocacy;
- direction and daily management of, and writing for the Association’s online patent litigation resource;
- acting as spokesperson on patent law and policy; and
- supporting the Association’s legislative advocacy on patent policy (lobbyist registration may be required).
- day-to-day management of the Association’s patent communications efforts, including web and social media presence. This includes rapid and regular production of commentary and analyses, litigation resource management, tracking high-profile litigation and working with the Association’s IP group.
- coordinating with CCIA member companies in developing the Association’s patent policy positions.
Qualifications: Minimum 7 years relevant work experience. The ideal candidate possesses:
- IP practice experience, with a deep understanding of patent law and the USPTO;
- relevant policy or advocacy experience;
- self-starting personality and willingness to interact with and work with the media;
- excellent writing and communication skills.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses.
Employer Type: Other
Job Location: Washington, DC