Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated Patent Scientist to help manage our portfolio of intellectual property and contribute to the development of the IP protection strategy for the Agricultural Productivity Innovations pipeline. The Patent Scientist role serves as a liaison between scientists and Monsanto's internal and external legal teams to support the protection of Monsanto's research programs, with emphasis on chemistry-based products and enabling technologies.
Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind’s greatest challenges.
This role will offer the opportunity to work directly with complex, proprietary technology and to develop the strategies and contribute to our Freedom to Operate, patentability assessments, patent preparation/prosecution, deliver IP education, and enhance IP awareness to protect Monsanto's global chemistry pipeline. The Patent Scientist will also interact with the leadership teams across multiple technology platforms.
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Chemistry
- Minimum of two or more years of research experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work closely with diverse teams with varying priorities to coordinate workflows and drive them to their conclusion
- Ability to work and deliver under stringent timelines
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
- Two or more year of experience working in the scientific industry
- Proven track record as a Patent Scientist
- Experience in performing Freedom to Operate, IP landscape and patentability assessments, and/or patent preparation and prosecution
- Experience in public domain searching
- Experience in aggregating, organizing, and analyzing complex, multi-source information
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
- We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
To apply, please visit this website: https://jobs.monsanto.com/job/st-louis/patent-scientist/769/3890907.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri