At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Patent Agent in the Office of Intellectual Property (IP) Counsel, located at its global headquarters in Maplewood, Minnesota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The Patent Agent hired into this opportunity, will represent one or more divisions within 3M’s Electronics and Energy Business Group (EEBG).
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Prepare and prosecute physics and optics-related patent applications in the U.S. and globally.
- Represent 3M’s interests in patent office procedures in the U.S and globally.
- Act as a direct contact for and interact with U.S. and global inventors, lab managers, patent attorneys, patent liaison, and outside patent counsel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Registered to Practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Minimum of one (1) year law firm and/or in-house patent preparation and prosecution experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Physics or Optics from an accredited institution
Experience in Physics and/or Optics
- Strong academic credentials
- At least three (3) years law firm and/or in-house patent preparation and prosecution experience
- Highly effective and persuasive written and verbal communications skills
- Results-orientated approach; personal and organizational accountability; and a collegial work style
- High energy and a dedication to responsive client service
- Uncompromising honesty and integrity
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
Travel: May include up to 10% of domestic/international travel
Relocation: Is authorized
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
To apply, please visit this website: https://3m.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Search/job/US-Minnesota-Maplewood/Patent-Agent--Maplewood--MN--_R00036670-1.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Maplewood, Minnesota