ONDA TECHNO Intl. Patent Attys. is seeking a U.S. patent attorney with a mechanical engineering background (especially, electro-mechanical devices) and at least five years experience in prosecuting patent applications. State bar and patent bar registration is required. The candidate will be stationed in our main Gifu office and his or her responsibilities shall include:
(1) Preparing, revising and checking English language patent specifications
(2) Prosecuting U.S. patent applications, as well as preparing invalidity, infringement, and search analyses
(3) Consultation services for our clients (including providing expert opinions)
(4) Giving lectures and seminars for our clients held by our firm regarding the field of U.S. intellectual property matters
(5) Writing articles on U.S. patent law for trade journals and a newsletter published by our firm
(6) Overseas business trips for promoting overseas relationships
(7) Other services relating to intellectual property matters
* Experience preparing invalidity and infringement opinions as well as search analyses are an absolute prerequisite.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The position offers the opportunity to learn about Japanese IP practice and to work with major Japanese corporations.
To apply, please submit resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Gifu City, Japan