ONDA TECHNO is a leading Japanese IP firm with over 50 years of history. Our main office is located in Gifu City and we have branch offices in Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai and Taipei. We are seeking a U.S. patent attorney with an electrical engineering background and at least five years experience in prosecuting patent applications. Experience preparing invalidity and infringement opinions as well as search analyses are an absolute prerequisite. An ability to quickly learn and demonstrate understanding of complex technologies outside of your specialty is strongly preferred. The right candidate will also have positive experiences as working as part of a team as well as be capable of working independently. State bar and patent bar registration is required. Please note that the present position is in our Tokyo office and will commence at the beginning of October, 2019. His or her responsibilities shall include:
- Preparing, revising and checking English language patent specifications
- Prosecuting U.S. patent applications, as well as preparing invalidity, infringement, and search analyses
- Consultation services for our clients (including providing expert opinions)
- Giving lectures and seminars for our clients held by our firm regarding the field of U.S. intellectual property matters
- Writing articles on U.S. patent law for trade journals and a newsletter published by our firm
- Overseas business trips for promoting overseas relationships
- Other services relating to intellectual property matters
The Salary is commensurate with experience. The position offers the opportunity to learn about Japanese IP practice and to work with major Japanese corporations.
Please send a resume and writing samples in confidence to Mr. Nobutaka Miyabe at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Tokyo, Japan