PTC Therapeutics Inc, a large corporation, is seeking a Contractor, Patent Attorney/Patent Agent to work remotely.
The Contractor, Patent Attorney/Patent Agent supports PTC’s global Intellectual Property (IP) needs. As a member of the Intellectual Property Department, Patent Attorney/ Patent Agent will interface with internal IP Counsel, Legal Department and Legal Operations Department Teams, and will collaborate closely with PTC Stakeholders in Research, Preclinical, Publication Review, Business Development, Project Development, CMC, Clinical, Marketing, Commercial, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Corporate Communications, and associated Operations Teams.
Contractor, Patent Attorney/Patent Agent is responsible for the preparation and prosecution of patent applications to support the goals of PTC Stakeholders.
Contractor, Patent Attorney/Patent Agent interfaces cross-functionally with PTC Stakeholders in all relevant PTC Teams and external Patent Counsel on patent issues as needed.
Contractor, Patent Attorney/Patent Agent is engaged with PTC Culture initiatives, supports PTC regulatory requirements and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Obtain or perform subject matter patentability and freedom-to-operate searches as needed to support the goals of PTC Stakeholders.
- Prepares and prosecutes patent applications as needed to support the goals of PTC Stakeholders.
- Interface with all relevant PTC Stakeholders and external Patent Counsel as needed to provide direction or instructions and/or review regarding potential responses to patent examination communications from Intellectual Property offices.
- Attend internal meetings with all relevant PTC Stakeholders to obtain information for the preparation and prosecution of patent applications; provide direction and support to all relevant PTC Stakeholders for the drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications; contribute patent expertise while developing and executing PTC patent strategy; align with timing of all relevant PTC Stakeholder goals while satisfying all patent statutory requirements.
- Performs additional duties as requested or required.
* Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
- The Contractor, Patent Attorney/Patent Agent has a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline as well as a Juris Doctorate degree and a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible, demonstrated experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications; at least 6 years of which include patent application preparation and prosecution (in-house or at a law firm) related to pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical subject matter.
- The Contractor, Patent Attorney/Patent Agent has a minimum of 6 years of substantial relevant experience interfacing with Research, Preclinical, Publication Review, Business Development, Project Development, CMC, Clinical, Marketing, Commercial, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Corporate Communications, and associated Operations Teams and external Patent Counsel.
* Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required.
- Admission to at least one state bar.
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent Office.
- Demonstrated experience preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications, including electronic filing of patent applications with the USPTO or a similar IP Office.
- High degree of integrity and ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines and guidelines.
- Reliable self-starter with the ability to influence without direct authority.
- Demonstrated proficiency using the advanced functionality of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint and Teams) and Adobe.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
*Special knowledge or skills and/or licenses or certificates preferred.
- Hands-on experience in Research, Preclinical, Publication Review, Business Development, Project Development, CMC, Clinical, Marketing, Commercial, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Corporate Communications, or associated Operations environments.
- Hands-on, laboratory-based scientific experience.
- Hands-on experience filing patent applications using the USPTO's Patent Electronic Filing System (EFS-Web).
* Travel requirements
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Remote (US)