Lee & Hayes, P.C. is seeking a Patent Attorney or Agent to work in multiple US office locations or remotely.
Are you looking to take the next step in your career, ready to expand your horizons and reignite your passion for patent law?
Perhaps you’re eager to work with some of the greatest clients in business and industry, ranging from start-ups to the Fortune 50.
If so, we invite you to apply with Lee & Hayes; you might feel right at home here.
We are a national, full-service, intellectual property-focused law firm with a growing team of highly accomplished professionals who take pride in our work. Our firm represents a range of companies across a wide array of industries. Our team’s diverse experience and background cover a broad range of technologies including computer-related inventions, artificial intelligence and machine learning, e-commerce and financial technologies, medical devices, autonomous vehicles, heavy machinery, materials and optics, molecular biology, chemistry, diagnostics, therapeutics, and vaccines.
At Lee & Hayes, we work hard to create a positive environment that supports our team members’ professional and personal success. We’ve sometimes been described as more like a “high-tech company of lawyers” than a law firm. Our compensation system is designed for each of our attorneys and agents to provide excellent client service with the flexibility to arrange their schedule to fit their life and achieve work-life balance. We offer excellent benefits and wellness initiatives, a collegial atmosphere, a culture of compassion and respect, mentorship, and opportunities for professional and personal growth. We believe that these characteristics are important to foster a productive, positive environment for work and to support our commitment to our communities.
Lee & Hayes is an equal opportunity employer (EOE); we strongly support diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- USPTO Registration
- Member in good standing of at least 1 state bar association
- 3+ years of patent preparation and prosecution experience
- Expertise in software applications, machine learning, artificial intelligence, AR/VR, materials/optics, molecular biology, chemistry, diagnostics, therapeutics, or vaccines is highly desired
- Conscientious and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, attorneys, and staff
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels
- Bachelor of Science, or higher degree, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or related technologies
- PhD in molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, chemistry, neuroscience, or related technologies
Patent preparation and prosecution across various technology areas with a focus on:
- Computer-implemented inventions related to insurance, financial technologies, e-commerce
- Medical devices, autonomous vehicles, heavy machinery, materials, and optics
- Molecular biology, chemistry, diagnostics, therapeutics, and vaccines
- May also include managing international prosecution, opinion work, and due diligence
- Extensive interaction with other firm attorneys, inventors, and in-house attorneys
Apply via email to:
Please email your resume with two recent writing samples for confidential consideration.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Multiple US Office Locations or Remote