Armstrong Teasdale is seeking a Mechanical Patent Associate to work in Saint Louis, MO, or any of our nationwide locations.
The candidate should have at least 3-6 years of experience in the intellectual property field and mechanical engineering-related practice. Patent attorneys assist with the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, patentability and clearance opinions, patent estate management, licensing and enforcement of patents for a diverse clientele.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requirements include a B.S. in mechanical engineering or a similar technical degree
- Relevant technical experience
- Minimum of three years of patent law experience
- Admission into a state bar and registration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is preferred
- Decision Making – Identifies issues and provides suggestions to day-to-day problems; prioritizes and effectively completes daily tasks
- Communication – Communicates in a clear, concise, and organized manner and prevents miscommunication by clarifying difficult concepts and ensures understanding by others; knows the appropriate amount of information to share with various parties; ensures regular and consistent information is shared; understands the appropriate level of confidentiality
- Leadership – Gives positive and constructive feedback to peers; trains new employees; finds solutions to a problem; works autonomously; is motivated to anticipate future business needs
- Continuous Learning – Identifies training needs and opportunities for self, team, and firm; promotes changes and acts as a change agent
- Teamwork – Actively participates in the team and can provide feedback and solutions; listens and responds constructively to others' concerns
- Alignment to Values – Consistently demonstrates the Firm's values and offers constructive feedback to team members regarding the matters; strives to learn more and participate in diversity and inclusion efforts; demonstrates respect by understanding and providing support
Apply via email to:
Please include a resume when applying.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: St. Louis, MO- or any of our nationwide locations