Viering, Jentschura & Partner mbB, a large law firm headquartered in Munich, Germany, and with offices throughout Germany and in Singapore, is seeking a U.S. patent attorney in our Dresden office. Our U.S. team drafts and prosecutes patent applications in the United States for a variety of U.S., European, and Asian companies; drafts legal opinions (e.g. infringement, invalidity, and freedom to operate); and counsels clients on U.S. litigation and post-grant proceedings.
Sample representative technical areas include telecommunications, semiconductors, memory and data storage, autonomous vehicles, advanced sensor systems, artificial neural networks, and thin film applications.
Why work in the Dresden office of Viering, Jentschura & Partner?
- Our Dresden office is the base for our U.S. team and offers a collegial, multinational working atmosphere with ongoing opportunities for collaboration among German, European, and U.S. patent attorneys.
- Dresden is a beautiful and historic European city only a short drive from Berlin and Prague, with plenty of green space, biking paths, and a low cost of living compared to other German cities.
- Admission and good-standing as a U.S. Patent Attorney
- Willingness to move to Dresden, Germany
- U.S. Citizenship (necessary due to USPTO requirements for patent attorneys practicing abroad)
- Native-level, written and spoken fluency in the English language
- Technical background in physics or electrical engineering
- Written and spoken fluency in the German language
- Outstanding international cultural competencies
Interested candidates should provide a C.V., cover letter, and copies of any relevant credentials to email@example.com.
Candidates should include in their cover letter a confirmation of U.S. citizenship. Please also include with the application materials any patent-law experience, any relevant technical experience, and any evidence of facility in the German language.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Dresden, Germany