Apple seeks to hire a Standards Counsel. As a member of Apple's in-house legal team, your role as a standards attorney will be managing legal policy, processes and matters related to participation in technical standards organizations, consortia and special interest groups. You will work internally with Legal and business organizations to develop and implement policy and processes related to participation in standards bodies; educate business organizations on standards-related legal issues; participate and/or hold governance positions in patent policy committees within standards bodies; draft agreements and policies; track patent portfolio impact; and manage compliance with legal obligations arising from or otherwise associated with participation in standards bodies.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• excellent communication, analytical, organization, advocacy and negotiation skills
• highly motivated and independent self-starter
• ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Must have 4 - 8+ years experience in advocating and/or counseling on legal matters related to participation in standards bodies.
• Registered Patent Attorney or other equivalent experience in handling patent issues related to standards and participation in standards bodies.
• Must have insight and deep knowledge in the operation and intellectual property policies of standards bodies.
• Must have experience working directly with high ranking corporate executives.
• Must have experience in participating in standards bodies' policy working groups to develop and/or revise intellectual property policies.
Highly Desired Qualifications include:
• Corporate in-house legal experience counseling on patent and other intellectual property issues related to participation in standards bodies
• Experience drafting agreements or policies for standards bodies
• Telecom experience a plus
For additional information and to apply for this position, please visit this link: http://jobs.apple.com/index.ajs?BID=1&method=mExternal.showJob&RID=124851&CurrentPage=1
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Cupertino, California