Roche, one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups, is seeking a
Director of Licensing to work in Pleasanton, California.
Responsible for evaluating and managing new and existing strategic licensing relationships, business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, and alliances, and for participating in strategy development and tactical planning of these with an initial focus on the goals of the qPCR/NAPi and Biochemical Reagents unit.
Major Job Functions & Contributions:
• Management and oversight of new and existing licenses for the qPCR/NAPi and Biochemical Reagents business unit.
• Developing and implementing technology valuations and market evaluations for licensing and acquisition opportunities.
• Support the drafting and negotiations of Term Sheets, MTA, OEM, NDA, licensing agreements and other commercial agreements.
• Coordinate with Legal and Patents for contract issues (e.g., enforcement, interpretation of contract terms, reporting obligations, label licenses, etc.)
• Identifying and sourcing complementary technology in addition to sourcing content for company’s product offerings.
• Responsible for database entry and maintenance for in- and out- licensing payment and royalty obligations.
• Monitor royalty reports/payments of research and diagnostic product licensees; work with Royalty Administrator to make sure that delinquencies are addressed in a timely manner.
• Sourcing of potential partnerships and collaborations opportunities, and leading or supporting the negotiation process.
• Creating PowerPoint and Excel presentations and presenting company objective to internal and external customers.
• Provide input to royalty income estimates and budgets.
• Create an environment of strong team spirit, good communication, high motivation and inspires team members to achieve goals.
• Participate in the Design Control process for product review; provide information on royalty obligations for products.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BS/BA Business Administration or Life Sciences is required, MBA and PhD preferred.
• Minimum of 8-10 years proven business development experience, Strong negotiation skills, proven ability to guide parties to a “win-win” solution.
• Significant (minimum 7 years) Diagnostic and /or Pharma experience, preferably in both global and local roles.
• Diagnostic and/or Pharma industry and relevant diagnostic area knowledge preferred.
• Proven track record of successful strategic commercial decisions and aligning the organization behind them.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to present information to a wide range of groups/entities.
• Ability to lead and motivate others, both within direct supervisory and matrix environments (minimum of 5 years direct supervisory experience)
• Successful cross-functional project management experience.
• Understanding of the Diagnostic Design Control process preferred.
• Proven ability to evaluate and solve complex problems and the strategic implications of different business approaches.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Enjoys and thrives in a team environment.
• Effectively communicates with scientist, physicians, business development professionals, patent and contract attorneys and others to achieve desired results.
• Result oriented with the ability and desire to effectively manage a project from start to finish both in time and with the desired financial outcome.
• Highly self-motivated with some project management skill desired.
• Must be very detail oriented.
The next step is yours. To apply online today and to learn about other exciting positions, please go to: http://careers.roche.com and enter Job ID #2746160001 in the “Keyword” box underneath the Global Job Search field. Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Pleasanton, California
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.