CPA Global's Software Product Development Team is recruiting an experienced Senior SQL Server DBA with patent (Intellectual Property) data knowledge to help us grow our product. This team operates in a high-energy, fast paced and collaborative environment that focuses on technology and quality to drive business objectives. This individual will work closely with development, Sr. Data Q/A Analyst and Sr. Database Administrator to maintain large database systems in both production and development environments.
• Perform routine database backups, restores, cleanup and general database maintenance in a large, highly complex, software development environment.
• Review designs and SQL code from fellow developers to ensure adherence to established coding principles and standards.
• Provide software build support and ongoing assistance with build activities to ensure timely delivery of testing and production software builds in a highly dynamic software development lifecycle process.
• Design and develop advanced database solutions, including T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, functions and schemas to enable and support Development objectives.
• Conduct advanced troubleshooting and resolve highly complex technical issues including performance tuning Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views & Functions on very large OLTP databases with high transaction rates and concurrency.
• Promote good SQL coding practices and apply functional area expertise to optimize the programming results.
• Provide technical guidance and leadership to CMC resources on database architecture, design, advanced features and structural enhancements.
• Provide mentoring, guidance and direction to other Development staff in techniques for writing efficient SQL code.
Demonstrate technical expertise with:
• Dundas Charting and Visualization
• Database Design
• Service Broker
• Indexed Views
• Experience and understanding of Intellectual Property patent data (preferred, but not required)
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Information Systems or Computer Science
• One or more relevant Microsoft certifications; MCAP, MCTS (SQL Server), MCDBA
• Minimum 5 years experience with advanced Microsoft SQL Server (2000/2005/2008) concepts
• Minimum 5 years advanced coding experience in high performance, high concurrency OLTP systems
• Minimum 5 years coding experience in Microsoft languages (.NET, C#, VB6)
• Minimum 5 years advanced knowledge of Microsoft Architectures
• Minimum 5 years experience with XML (ST36 preferred), SGML, and text data
• Demonstrated technical excellence in advanced programming techniques, object oriented design principles and service oriented architecture
• Extensive knowledge of software and architecture patterns and practices
• A thorough understanding of the complete software development lifecycle
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Must be flexible and adaptable to changing schedules, shifting priorities and non-standard working hours
• Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize individual and team activities
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to gain internal support and establish a solid working relationship with peers and management
• Ability to communicate ideas and solutions effectively to management, team members and customers both orally and in writing
• Ability to complete tasks with minimal direction, following standard operating procedures and sound business practices
• Creative, supportive, self-motivated team player.
To apply, please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Founded by attorneys in 1969, the CPA Global business has come a long way from those early beginnings. In just four decades, we’ve grown to be one of the leading legal outsourcing companies in the world, offering a full range of general legal and intellectual property (IP) support services.
With offices across the United States, Europe, Asia and the Pacific, CPA is well placed to support attorney firms and corporate clients with a diverse set of legal and IP specific needs.
We provide services such as document review, contract management and litigation support right through to top end intellectual property software, renewals and data management, research and consulting – assisting busy law firms and corporate legal departments throughout the litigation and IP lifecycle.