Amicus Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing novel, oral therapeutics known as pharmacological chaperones for the treatment of a range of human genetic diseases, is seeking a Manager, Intellectual Property. Pharmacological chaperone technology involves the use of small molecules to restore or improve biological activity in cells by selectively binding to misfolded, unstable proteins caused by genetic mutations. This technology represents a novel, next-generation approach to the management of human genetic diseases and offers the potential to improve treatment options for many patients.
Amicus is initially targeting lysosomal storage disorders, which are severe, chronic genetic diseases with unmet medical needs. The company believes pharmacological chaperone technology has broad applicability and expects to expand the portfolio to include other diseases of neurodegeneration, metabolic diseases, and oncology.
Founded in 2002, Amicus has assembled an outstanding leadership team that includes scientific, medical, regulatory, and business professionals with successful track records of developing and bringing to market drugs for genetic diseases. Amicus continues to develop its pharmacological chaperone technology and has built a significant intellectual property portfolio along with its robust clinical and preclinical pipeline.
The company is headquartered in Cranbury, NJ and trades on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol FOLD. Amicus has a fast-paced, high-energy, entrepreneurial team environment where employees are encouraged to be innovative and resourceful. Amicus seeks high-caliber, talented individuals with a passion to succeed. Additional information on the company, product pipeline, and technology is available at our website.
• Become knowledgeable in all aspects of company technology
• Work directly with scientists to prepare and prosecute patent applications
• Work with the Senior Director of IP on legal opinions and due diligence
• Draft and negotiate agreements, including Material Transfer Agreements, Research/Collaboration Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements
• Assist the Senior Director of IP and IP Paralegal in implementing a patent docketing/IP management system
• Assist in managing the trademark portfolio
• Work with external IP counsel on a variety of IP related matters
• Work with Senior Director of IP in assisting the business development team with partnerships and/or collaborations
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Degree in a biology or chemistry required, some professional experience preferred
• J.D. admitted to (and in good standing in) at least one state Bar
• Admission to Practice Before the US Patent and Trademark Office
• Up to 7 years of previous intellectual property experience in a law firm and/or pharmaceutical or biotechnology company.
• Must have prior experience drafting patent applications from start to finish
• Must have prior experience prosecuting patent applications with USPTO
• Experience with patent docketing systems desired but not necessary
• Experience with trademark filing and prosecution desired but not necessary
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable interacting directly with management
• Demonstrated ability to work well with people
• A proven desire to work as a team member
Amicus Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Cranbury, New Jersey