Aruba Networks is the global leader in distributed enterprise networks. Our award-winning portfolio of campus, branch/teleworker, and mobile solutions simplify operations and secure access to all corporate applications and services - regardless of the user's device, location, or network. This dramatically improves productivity and lowers capital and operational costs.
We are currently seeking a patent attorney with 4-7 years’ experience to join its growing legal group and to work with Aruba worldwide engineering and product marketing teams.
You will be responsible for:
• Majority of responsibilities are related to the area of hands-on patent preparation and prosecution
• Provide excellent and highly responsive patent prosecution services to Aruba’s creative and dynamic worldwide engineer and product marketing teams
• Manage outside prosecuting patent counsel and, in particular, oversee China and PCT prosecution
• Work with engineers and product marketing to identify patentable intellectual property and generate high-quality invention disclosures (“IDF”)
• Regularly report to inventors and senior management on the status of IDFs, application drafts and pending docket
• Drive improvements of prosecution process tools such IDF submission and office action database
• Understand business needs, priorities and IP strategy and implement aligned patent filing and prosecution practice
• Review open source software licenses, advising on proper use and compliance and educate engineering and product marketing teams on same
• Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or equivalent Bachelor Degree
• Admitted to practice before U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
• J.D. (Patent Attorney) with at least 4-7 years’ experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications, particularly in the software and networking fields
• Mandarin a plus
• Competitive compensation
• Highly challenging and rewarding environment
• Opportunities to make a difference
Apply online by visiting: http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/SubmitResume.action?id=4028f88b2bbd54ac012bbde728330166&source=Other.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Sunnyvale, California