Synageva BioPharma is a privately held biopharmaceutical company with headquarters, research and development facilities in Lexington, MA, and research and production facilities in Athens, GA. Synageva was formed to concentrate on novel orphan treatments for rare diseases. Our lead program, SBC-102, an enzyme replacement therapy for LAL Deficiency, is entering clinical development and has been granted orphan designation by the FDA. LAL Deficiency is a rare, serious and devastating disease that leads to significant morbidity and mortality. Synageva has four additional orphan products in development. We are currently seeking a patent agent or a technology specialist for the Lexington MA office. The roles and responsibilities include:
• In house prosecution of patent portfolio: working with the Director of Intellectual Property, the candidate will manage a substantial and growing patent portfolio:
• Implement and manage the IP operational plan, including
• Managing existing patent filings
• Providing IP support for on-going research and development efforts;
• Drafting new patent applications
• Assist in the formulation of integrated IP strategy for all programs
• Perform patentability, freedom to operate analyses.
• Perform searches of patent, sequence and literature databases to identify relevant prior art;
• Review and analyze file histories of particularly relevant third party patents and applications;
• Provide strategic guidance to scientists and management regarding strategies to ensure freedom to operate or maximizing patent scope and term
Apply online by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Lexington, Massachusetts