Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance company, is seeking a Patent Agent to provide intellectual property and technology related patent support and services to internal client groups in a variety of ways, including managing invention disclosures, supporting our invention review process, preparing and prosecuting patent applications, and assisting in training.
Maximize intellectual property opportunities to help ensure Whirlpool’s unique and compelling innovations are a core driver of Whirlpool’s success. Specific responsibilities may include:
• Reviewing invention disclosures and advising on patentability issues
• Patent searching
• Drafting and prosecuting patent applications
• Assisting in developing patenting strategies for key technologies, including conducting patent landscaping searches
• Supporting various innovation generation activities such as invention workshops to target development of strategic IP
• Providing patent support for special projects
• Training internal clients on various intellectual property matters
• Researching patent issues relevant to the company’s business.
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, preferably mechanical or electrical
• Licensed as patent agent before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
• Minimum of 2 years of patent preparation and prosecution experience. Experience in patent searching and client counseling related to patentability is desired.
• Ability to prioritize and manage a large volume of concurrent projects.
• Strong analytical, research, organization and management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results as a member of a cross functional team
• Willingness to take initiative, anticipate issues and offer solutions.
• Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
• A positive, can-do, team-oriented attitude and flexible approach with a good sense of humor.
Apply by emailing Katherine Baum at email@example.com.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Saint Joseph, Michigan