Evonik Industries is seeking a Patent Attorney to work in its Parsippany, New Jersey, offices. Under general supervision and direction of the Director Intellectual Property Management North America, the successful candidate will function as a patent practitioner for Evonik's Chemicals, Pharma Services and Polymer businesses in the North American Region and directly interface with business and technical teams from several business divisions in North America, as well as coordinating with in-house Evonik IP counsels.
The Incumbent will coordinate intellectual property activities for Chemicals, Pharma Services and Polymer businesses, including all aspects of legal protection for patents, trade secrets, domain names and software developed by Evonik Corporation. Will have to draft and prosecute patent applications in the U.S., and oversee the prosecution of corresponding worldwide patent applications. Another aspect of the Incumbent responsibility of the Incumbent will be the drafting and negotiating of IP contracts, such as non-disclosure, research, development, joint development, license agreements, etc. and to promote and maintain the principles of and responsibilities related to Responsible Care within his/her assigned areas of responsibility and as defined in the RC 14001 management system.
- Responsible for analyzing, protecting, and expanding the company’s intellectual property (IP) assets.
- Responsible for filing and prosecuting patent applications at US-Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Responsible for drafting and negotiating of IP contracts, such as non-disclosure, research, development, joint development, license agreements, etc.
- Provide for preparation of and/or responsible for writing patent applications to leverage company’s IP position and assets.
- Provide for analyses and monitoring of new technologies to avoid patent invalidity and infringement.
- Provide for and direct outside counsel in rendering opinions on patent invalidity and/or infringement.
- BS in chemistry required (MS and PhD in chemical or chemical engineering preferred).
- Attorney must possess law degree from an ABA accredited university and be admitted to a state bar (preferably New Jersey and New York).
- Admitted to practice in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in filing and prosecution of patents before the USPTO and contract drafting.
- Knowledge of the full range of applicable laws and regulations regarding intellectual property.
- Ability to provide competent legal advice and counsel to business and technical clients on a wide range of intellectual property issues.
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package.
Apply online at our website: https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=41399&company=Evonik&username=.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Parsippany New Jersey