Zimmer Biomet is seeking a patent counsel to work in its Warsaw, Indiana, offices.
- working with development teams and providing advice regarding patent review and design options, claim coverage, and other issues that effect the design and development of orthopaedic devices;
- management of preparation and prosecution of patent applications covering the products under development; and
- providing education to design and marketing teams on basic patent law issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically manage patent portfolio including managing outside counsel regarding patent prosecution, and evaluating new invention disclosures for filing
- Integrate with design and marketing teams to anticipate patent issues and assist in providing patent perspective and advice that enables management to make business decisions.
- Coordinates with outside counsel to assure legal services are rendered to the corporation that are results-oriented, timely, competent, and cost efficient.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Develops close working relationships with clients in which corporate goals and priorities are maintained without compromising legal integrity.
- Contributes to a high performance culture through effective communication and leadership with management, engineering, marketing, clinical trial teams and other business functions.
- Works cooperatively with peers to leverage skills and knowledge within the legal division.
- Communicating effectively to a diverse audience, at multiple levels within the Company, through various formats, i.e. presentations, written proposals, reports, correspondence, leading meetings, face-to-face dialogue, etc.
- Must possess a JD degree and be registered to practice in the U.S. Patent Office.
- An undergraduate degree in engineering and/or a background working with mechanical or bio-mechanical devices is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in patent practice including foreign and domestic prosecution is required.
- Organization, communication and management skills are required to ensure the efficient and accurate delivery of services to the company.
- Must have passed a state bar examination and be a registered patent attorney.
- Up to 20%
Apply online by visiting this link: http://www.zimmer.com/careers/search/job-details.html?nPostingId=6108&nPostingTargetId=17971&id=QCVFK026203F3VBQBV7V47VNG&LG=EN&mask=zimextus.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Warsaw, Indiana