Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Parts & Service, is a major international force in its specific sector.
The Patent Attorney's responsibilities will include:
- Draft and prosecute patent applications and represent the company before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Carry out patent investigations, freedom to practice studies, patent landscape studies and prepare patent opinions.
- Advise Product Development on patent infringement issues, design around options and patentability of proposed designs.
- Carry out patent due diligence and patent asset valuations.
- Police an assigned portion of the patent portfolio of the division.
- Review patents and patent activities of competitors, as well as monitor competitors' machines for possible infringements of the CNH patent portfolio.
- Coordinate appropriate action to remedy infringing activities by competitors or other third parties.
- Review products for patentable ideas.
- Review and evaluate invention disclosures.
- Monitor company activities to prevent Intellectual Property infringement.
- Monitor outside counsel when required.
- Draft, review and negotiate IP related contracts, joint development agreements, licenses, supplier agreements, non-disclosure agreements, scholarship agreements, co-development with universities, field test agreements and Memoranda of Understanding.
- Provide IP training to CNH personnel, including Engineering, Purchasing, Sales and Marketing.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Ag or Mechatronics Engineering (or similar degree type)
- Minimum of 6 years of patent experience
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from an accredited law school
- Registered to practice within the United States
- Must be admitted to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office
- In house experience preferred.
- Ag or construction industry experience or exposure.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Interested applicants should apply directly online at: www.cnhindustrial.com to position id # 7835.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: New Holland, Pennsylvania