Volpe and Koenig, P.C., a Center City Philadelphia Intellectual Property law firm, has an opening in its Electrical Department for an electrical engineer and/or computer science attorney with at least two years of intellectual property experience.
- Preparation and prosecution of complex patent applications
- Preparation of claim charts to products and standards, demonstrating infringement and validity
- Conduct IP related due diligence
- Manage large docket of domestic and foreign prosecution
- Develop portfolio strategies and effectively communicate with the client
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or similar (knowledge of wireless telecommunications, digital rights management, audio/video coding, semiconductor design and fabrication, and software is desired)
- JD and admission to practice before the US Patent Office
- 1-4 years of Intellectual Property Law experience
- Excellent patent analysis ability
- Ability to interface independently with clients
- Strong technical and legal background
Salary and benefits:
- Generous salary for reasonable billable hourly requirement with tiered formulaic additional compensation paid for hours in excess of annual requirement
- Generous health benefits package
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and profit sharing
- SEPTA transit checks
This Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No solicitations please.
To apply, please email Beth Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania