Seattle Genetics is seeking a Director/Sr. Director, Intellectual Property to work in its Bothell, Washington offices. The is a senior level attorney position in the IP function of the Legal Affairs team at Seattle Genetics, with wide-ranging responsibilities uniquely available in a successful, growth phase biotechnology company. The position includes responsibility for helping to build global intellectual property portfolios through strategic procurement and management of IP rights, as well as providing people leadership.
The individual in this position will have accountability for strategic oversight of discrete functional patent areas (e.g. a therapeutic program or initiative), including driving strategic direction and overseeing workload and resource allocation.
- Providing clear, informed and sophisticated counseling to clients in all phases of drug research, development, commercialization and manufacturing, and in business development, portfolio and lifecycle management and commercialization activities
- Rendering legal opinions with respect to patentability, validity and freedom to operate; preparation, prosecution, maintenance and/or defense of US and foreign patent filings and patent office administrative actions (e.g. inter partes reviews, oppositions)
- Directly and indirectly conducting due diligence assessments and counseling, including risk evaluation and mitigation
- Supporting intellectual property-related transactional matters (including MTAs, CDAs, research collaborations, and licensing agreements)
- Serving as a trusted advisor and partner to the business in navigating an evolving business and legal landscape
- Managing attorneys/agents/paralegals directly or in a matrix managing setting
- The successful candidate is someone who enjoys being part of a high functioning team in an innovation-driven entrepreneurial environment committed to improving the lives of people with cancer.
- 10+ years of experience in biopharma patent prosecution and counseling in a biopharma corporate and/or law firm setting
- Admission to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office
- An advanced degree in biological sciences or chemistry is required; Ph.D. preferred
- A United States law degree (JD) is required
- Agreement and transactional experience is desired, but not required
- Track record of success in managing attorneys/agents/paralegals
- Strategic Patent Expert: In a high stakes and dynamic patent environment, you are able to earn the confidence of your clients by counseling them effectively with agility and sophistication
- Influential Communicator and Collaborative Relationship Builder: In a growing company, you are able to provide legal advice and counsel effectively across a range of audiences and build collaborations with R&D and business teams
- Adaptive and Results-Oriented People Leader: In a fast-paced and evolving environment, you are able to drive for results by coaching others, balancing competing priorities and multitasking with ease, and work effectively both independently and within team settings
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
General & Administrative . Bothell, Washington
Apply Here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/
Job Location: Bothell, Washington