Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Design and implement patent strategies to protect large molecule drug products. Assess IP landscape for emerging technologies. Advise business and research team members on IP risks and other issues. Be part of a team committed to helping patients with cancer through legal, scientific and business excellence.
- Primarily responsible for drafting and prosecuting patent applications related to large molecule drug products, including post-grant proceedings as they may arise
- Design and implement effective strategies for optimizing patent and regulatory exclusivity for products and technologies
- Partner with researchers to identify patentable subject matter and implement patent protection strategies
- Independently conduct IP landscape searches and formulate risk assessments for patentability and freedom to operate
- Communicate balanced and accurate IP risk to research and business colleagues
- Provide IP support for business transactions, as need arises
- Provide support for third party IP issues, as need arises
- Manage external relationships with outside counsel and collaborators
- 5-8 years experience as a patent attorney in a pharma or biotech therapeutics corporate setting and/or representing biotechnology clients in a law firm
- Substantial experience in US and foreign patent drafting, filing and prosecution in biotechnology
- Substantial experience with patentability and FTO searches and analysis
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Experience with transactional matters, trademark and copyright, and/or small molecule technology a plus
- US law degree (JD) is required
- Admission to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office, membership in a state bar, and eligibility to be admitted to practice in the state of Washington are required
- An advanced degree in biological science is required; PhD preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/
Employer Type: Other
Job Location: Bothell, Washington