Volpe and Koenig, P.C., a full service IP law firm with a global reach, is expanding its electrical patent practice in order to meet our clients’ growing needs. We have more than 40 intellectual property attorneys, patent agents, and technical advisors practicing in all areas of technology. We serve a diverse roster of U.S. and foreign clients.
You will help clients better understand the continually changing IP legal landscape and offer proactive intellectual property guidance for growing, protecting, and enforcing valuable IP portfolios.
We will invest in your growing legal career as you invest in our clients by providing high quality legal services with a strong focus on customer service. We offer a competitive compensation structure, business development support, and dedicated staff support to enhance your practice. For experienced practitioners, we offer the flexibility to customize your work/life balance.
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications;
- Preparation of claim charts to products and industry standards, demonstrating infringement and validity;
- Conduct IP related due diligence;
- Manage a large docket of domestic and foreign patent prosecution;
- Develop portfolio strategies and effectively communicate with clients.
Skills and Experience:
- At least a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or similar electrical/electronic related discipline;
- JD and admission to practice before the US Patent Office;
- 3-5 years of Intellectual Property Law experience;
- Excellent patent analysis ability;
- Ability to interface independently with clients;
- Strong technical experience in telecommunications and related industry standards;
- Strong legal background.
We offer a competitive benefits and salary package, including but not limited to:
- Health, vision and dental benefits with employer contribution to individual and family monthly premiums;
- Life insurance;
- Short term disability insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- 401(k) with match;
- Discretionary bonuses;
- Discounted corporate gym membership;
- Casual Fridays and summer hours.
Volpe and Koenig, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in enjoying the practice of law, you can inquire in confidence by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org Principals only. No recruiters please.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA