The Northern California offices of Squire Patton Boggs is seeking a Patent Attorney or Agent with a minimum of three years of experience in patent prosecution to join our Intellectual Property and Technology practice. Candidates throughout the US with an undergraduate degree and preferably also an advanced degree in immunology, molecular biology or related field.
Responsibilities will include mid-level patent attorney work such as drafting, filing and prosecuting US patent applications, managing and coordinating international patent application strategies, preparing patentability, non-infringement, and invalidity opinions, and overall intellectual property counseling.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- J.D. degree preferred; admitted to a state bar and in good standing. Must be registered and in good standing to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Candidates should possess an undergraduate degree and preferably also an advanced degree in immunology, molecular biology or related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- At least three years of experience practicing patent law and proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others on complex matters.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications.
- Excellent communications (written and oral) and judgment are essential.
- Proven ability to independently manage a case and move it forward, but also to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, have the ability to prioritize workload; display good judgment and work well under pressure.
Please apply online to be considered for this position. Resumes should be accompanied by unofficial law school transcript and a recent writing sample (10 pages max). Please include a cover page with your writing sample that describes the piece you are submitting and how you may have modified it from its original format.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Northern California