McNeill Baur has multiple unique opportunities for patent attorneys or agents specializing in the fields of chemistry and biology. We are looking for one or more attorneys or agents with a least 5 years relevant experience in complex patent prosecution and/or patent counseling. Candidates with prior litigation experience are encouraged to apply.
- You love science and ideally have an advanced biology or chemistry degree, preferably a PhD, from a superior institution.
- You have a track record of performing work for innovative life science, biotech, and/or pharmaceutical corporations based in the United States.
- You have strong persuasive writing skills, deep knowledge of best practices in patent prosecution (for a prosecution position) and due diligence investigations and opinion writing (for a counseling position), and effectively present work product orally.
- You are admitted to practice before the USPTO.
- You can support partners in multiple locations and work independently.
- We want to hear from you even if you want a part-time position or are an on-ramp candidates who wants to return to the workforce.
McNeill Baur was founded nearly seven years ago by a group of former big law attorneys who continue to practice high value, strategic patent prosecution and client counseling but in a smaller firm environment. Our attorneys are nationally recognized leaders in life sciences patent prosecution and counseling, and the firm has been ranked as a recommended firm for patent prosecution for multiple years.
We love what we do! We work with the best and brightest innovative clients at the cutting edge of biotechnology and chemistry. This is a unique opportunity to practice law at a big firm level, while benefiting from the firm's strong commitment to reasonable work hours, family-friendly atmosphere, and respecting employee work-life balance. We are committed to equity and inclusion across race, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, identity, religion, and experience.
- We have no work origination or business development requirement in this position.
- Attorneys and agents design their own work plan, including schedule and billable hour goals, in consultation with partners.
- The firm has never had a central brick-and-mortar location and instead uses advanced cloud-based networking capabilities. This eliminates commuting and allows us to hire the best candidates from different locations.
- We offer a comprehensive and generous benefit program, including health insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, an EAP program, a competitive salary, and a 401K plan with generous matching component.
- We provide home office equipment.
- We support professional development by providing training.
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary requirements, desired hours per year, and a portfolio listing representative US patents or published applications that you have drafted and/or prosecuted to email@example.com.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: remote