Ruminant Biotech Corp Ltd (RBT) has one purpose, to make a big difference in climate change by materially reducing the amount of methane put into the atmosphere by ruminant livestock (Cattle, Sheep, Deer, Goats).
We are at the cutting edge of biotech, developing slow-release products to put inside ruminant animals to eliminate methane production. This is a challenging design problem, involving the intersection of both materials’ science and chemistry. Protecting the IP, we develop is very important to us, and we need a top specialist to drive this exciting work.
Primary Duties include:
- Driving Patent prosecution, including formulating responses to office actions (in conjunction with RBT’s external patent counsel).
- Drafting Patent applications.
- Overseeing preparation of invention disclosures.
- Patent portfolio development, including working closely with the R&D Team to develop patents and drive the data required for their prosecution.
- Working with RBT’s external IP Attorneys in New Zealand, Australia, the EU and the US to develop a coherent global patent strategy.
- Assisting with licensing agreements for RBT’s IP.
- Managing IP defence.
- Monitoring competitor activities and new developments in the patent landscape.
- Highlighting risks and opportunities to the CEO and R&D Committee of the Board.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 2-7 years of experience in patent application preparation and prosecution, with experience in pharmaceuticals, animal health, biotech, or life sciences a plus; and
- A strong science background, with a BSc or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in preparing invention disclosures, patent applications and office action replies.
- Experience in developing and managing a global portfolio of patents and keeping it in good standing.
- Experience in developing search strategies for freedom to operate investigations and analyzing the search results to assess potential third-party risks.
- Being a qualified New Zealand patent attorney is a positive but is not essential, but you will need to be able to work/apply for a visa to work in New Zealand.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience managing Intellectual Property or a qualified and practiced Patent Attorney.
- Agile and responsive.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaboration.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated and driven to deliver results.
- Join a highly innovative company with exciting technology and huge potential to solve a critical global challenge.
- A purpose driven company culture, you’ll be helping make a genuine difference.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Scope to grow and develop as the company does.
- High degree of autonomy within a flexible working environment.
Email your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to: Emma Hunter, Legal Counsel email@example.com or to discuss this opportunity further, please call Emma Hunter on +64 21 753 701. Applications close 5pm Friday 1 September 2023.
Employer Type: Other
Job Location: Auckland, New Zealand