IPkey is a small patent law firm committed to securing better patents, faster, and more efficiently. We accomplish this by providing our clients unrivaled access and clear communication, and by leveraging technology to make better patent decisions. We serve a range of high-growth enterprise clients, foreign law firms, and individual inventors.
The firm seeks a USPTO-Registered Patent Attorney or Patent Agent with at least 2 years of experience to become a core member of its growing patent prosecution and strategy practice. The position will be remote. We will consider full-time and part-time candidates. Qualified and interested candidates may also have an opportunity to support clients in a range of areas beyond prosecution, including SEP monetization and litigation support.
- drafting and prosecuting utility patent applications primarily in relation to mechanical and electromechanical technologies
- drafting and prosecuting design patents
- executing international patent strategies
- counseling clients on portfolio and prosecution strategy
- supporting marketing efforts, including pitches and client visits
- USPTO Registration Number
- a background and/or education in mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, aerospace engineering, or similar
- at least 2 years of experience drafting and prosecuting utility patent applications (at least 10 patent applications drafted)
- a desire to develop your abilities through diverse responsibilities, mentorship, and technology
- open to utilizing patent prosecution and portfolio management technologies to write better patent applications and make better decisions
- competitive compensation
- flexible work arrangements
- ownership over your work
- client-facing responsibility
- support and mentorship
- Rowan Patents for drafting and prosecution
- Juristat to understand your performance and client needs
Interested applicants: please email a resume, transcripts, and two patent writing samples to email@example.com.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Remote