Mannava & Kang, P.C. is boutique intellectual property firm in Fairfax, VA, looking for a patent attorney/agent to prepare and prosecute patent applications for leading global technology companies, including several Fortune 500 companies. It is preferred that applicants have at least a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, biotechnology or equivalent fields, and at least 4+ years of patent prosecution experience. Patent examining experience at the USPTO is a plus.
We offer a casual office environment with excellent work/life balance, salary, and benefits package. Experienced candidates will qualify for remote/work-from-home options. There will also be ample opportunities for training, professional growth, and business development, if desired. Part-time positions are available.
If you have excellent writing and communication skills, and love working in an innovative and collaborative work environment with top tier IP professionals, please submit your resume. If your experiences match what we are looking for, we will contact you for a personal interview.
- This is a strong opportunity for a qualified and experienced patent Attorney or patent agent within a robust life sciences and chemicals practice
- Candidates with portables are encouraged to inquire and apply but no existing book is required
- Degree in Chemical or Biological sciences is required. A Ph.D. in chemical or biological sciences is preferred but not required
- Patent Bar (and any State Bar for an associate) are required
- Must have at least 4 years of solid US patent preparation and prosecution experience in life sciences and chemical sciences
- You will primarily focus on the preparation and prosecution of US patents.
- Opportunities to perform in other related functional areas (strategic portfolio counseling, patent opinions, dealing with foreign associates regarding EPO filings, PTAB work, technology licensing, due diligence) will be dependent upon your capabilities and the ongoing needs of the practice
Apply via email to:
Include writing samples (published applications, OA responses, etc.) with your submission.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Remote