FLSmidth, a multinational company in the engineering and manufacturing industries seeks, due to continued growth and expansion, an experienced Patent Attorney to work in our Global IPR Portfolio Management department, based in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A.
• Negotiate and administer IP agreements including confidentiality agreements, joint development agreements, licensing agreements and consultancy agreements
• Manage litigation matters involving Company’s intellectual property rights
• Advising on the infringement and enforcement of patent and trademark rights, including working with outside counsel to defend or enforce company patents and trademarks worldwide;
• Working closely with Research & Development Department and inventors on patentability of new inventions and on surveillance of competitor patent activities;
• Advise management and Patent Committee on various IPR legal matters, including chances of success of obtaining patents;
• Prepare, file, and prosecute patent applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO);
• managing overseas agents on applications for foreign patent and trademark applications; training and educating company employees on intellectual property issues
• Juris Doctor
• Licensed to practice law in the State of Utah (or have the ability to obtain such license) and before the USPTO
• At least 5 years experience of legal experience
• Great communication skills both verbal and written.
• Fluent in English.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team with rapidly changing deadlines and priorities
• The position involves domestic and international travel.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits offered.
Please apply at: https://flsmidth.iapplicants.com/application.php.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah