Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of docketing patent prosecution experience, to include both US and foreign matters
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Uses and applies patent knowledge on a daily basis to maintain control of the patent docket for Celgene.
• Enters internal and external patent and trademark correspondence into the docket database, as well as prepares patent docket reports and IP reports with a high level of accuracy and thorough knowledge of the database and process systems utilized;
• Creates docket reports on a monthly, weekly and daily basis for IP attorneys to project time sensitive due dates and to monitor prosecution of over 9000 current patent applications;
• Responsible for the overall maintenance and management of the IP Docketing Module for patent and trademark matters; which have no grace periods and with no loss of rights;
• Assists attorneys with forms, reports and searches in commercial patent and internet databases;
• Obtains signatures for formal documents in a time sensitive environment;
• Maintains all patent and trademark files, supervising both electronic File systems and paper files in the File Room;
• Processes invoices from foreign associates, vendors or other organizations;
• Monitors the status of patents, patent applications, trademarks and trademark applications; Follow-up with outside counsel to obtain and/or provide information in a timely manner.
• Organizes and maintains annuity payments through an annuity service provider. Monitor all annuity payments both International and Domestic through CPi EARs database to ensure timely payment of all maintenance fees due and to prevent unintentional loss of rights due to missed payments. Liaison with outside vendor and transfer data bi-monthly to keep records current and up-to-date to ensure smooth operation of CPi EARs data systems.
• Assist in training others as back-up in docketing procedures and database training.
• Manage projects from inception to completion independently, with little to no supervision.
• Support Patent Agents with additional tasks as needed.
Provide Departmental support in ongoing development of key patent processes.
Provide relevant patent information to assist legal attorneys with patent litigations.
• Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 2 years of docketing patent prosecution experience, to include both US and foreign matters;
• Energetic, self-starter, strong organizational skills, highly accurate, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and be able to communicate effectively. This person must be able to work as a member of a larger legal team, as well as independently manage a variety of tasks with a high level of commitment to the overall Patent protection of the company.
• Working knowledge of docketing software;
• Knowledge and understanding of patent documents and filing procedures;
• Experience with filing systems and storage maintenance required;
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel; good oral and written communication skills to convey understanding;
• Must have good PC skills in word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, scanning and faxing.
Apply online by visiting this link: http://jobs.celgene.com/job/Summit-IP-Docket-Specialist-Job-NJ-07901/4161200/.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Summit, New Jersey