Ocean Tomo is an integrated intellectual capital merchant bank providing corporate finance, asset and risk management, valuation, research, analytics, patent auctions and expert services. Our goal is to assist our clients – corporations, law firms, governments, and institutional investors – in maximizing value from their Intellectual Property (e.g., patents, trademarks, trade secrets).
We are adding a Technical Analyst in the Corporate Finance business unit to assist in the technology evaluations for its Auctions and M&A groups. Candidates will be required to evaluate patents and related technical materials in a range of categories including, Semiconductor/Physical Electronics, Semiconductor Manufacturing, Circuit Layout, VLSI, and Circuit Analysis. Knowledge of Fiber Optic Networking is also a plus. This position is located in Chicago.
• Review IP submissions and client IP portfolios to determine quality and market potential
• Identify and qualify potential buyers of specific patents and technology
• Search for, identify and evaluate patents and other intellectual property assets meeting specified criteria
• Develop new business opportunities for the Corporate Finance group
• Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering or other relevant hard science
• 2-5 years in the technical field
• Experience in interaction with Fortune 500 companies
• Strong aptitude for quickly learning diverse new technologies and ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects
• Experience in technical research preferred
• Maturity and professionalism a must
• Positive attitude, sense of urgency and client service experience
• Overtime and travel flexibility
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
For more information or to submit a resume, please visit our website.
Patent Agents preferred. Local candidates preferred as relocation package is not available. Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Ocean Tomo, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois