The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) seeks an intellectual property specialist to work within its Partnership Development Office. The University is the largest government-funded tertiary institution in Hong Kong, with a total student headcount of about 27,200, of which 13,500 are full-time students, 11,400 are part-time students and 2,300 are mixed-mode students. It offers programmes at Doctorate, Master's, Bachelor's degrees and Higher Diploma levels. The University has 26 academic departments and units grouped under six faculties, as well as 2 independent schools. It has a full-time academic staff strength of around 1,250. The total consolidated expenditure budget of the University is in excess of HK$4 billion per year.
The University's Partnership Development Office is a unit of the Institute for Enterprise at PolyU. It serves as a hub of a network of partners and clients to enable technology transfer and commercialisation. Its mission is to build long-term relationships between internal academic talents and the industrial and business sectors. To tap on the vast capability and resources at PolyU, it serves as the first point of contact for the commercial and industrial sectors. It provides professional services in the areas of Business Development, Management of the University's Intellectual Property, and Marketing Services and Support.
Successful candidate required to:
• Advise PolyU’s staff and students on patent applications, strategies and other forms of intellectual property protection
• Conduct patent search, prepare patent applications, professional response to office actions and patent annuity payment, and provide reminding services
• Render patentability and non-infringement opinions
• Provide services on patent litigation and administrative resolution of patent disputes
• Conduct talks/seminars on intellectual property
• Supervise clerical staff.
Applicants should have the following:
• Recognised university degree, preferably in Law and/or Science
• Qualification of being a Registered Patent Attorney by examination
• At least eight years of experience in a related field, including proven experience in the preparation of all forms of intellectual property applications
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• An excellent command of English.
Preference will be given to those with good command of Chinese, including Putonghua.
(Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement on July 12, 2008 need not re-apply.)
Salary offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application. Remuneration package will be highly competitive.
Please submit application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by fax at (852) 2764 3374; or by mail to Human Resources Office, 13/F, Li Ka Shing Tower, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Application forms can be obtained via the above channels or they may be downloaded here. Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled. Details on the University's Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found here.
Employer Type: Education Institution
Job Location: Hong Kong