ResMed is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative products for the diagnosis, treatment and management of respiratory disorders. The company has experienced sustained and significant growth since inception. One of the principal contributors to this growth is innovation reflected in a commitment to producing world-class product lines.
As part of the Legal department the IP function performs a critical role in the business in protecting the company's Intellectual Property rights and advising the company on the scope of the Intellectual Property rights of others. As part of the Legal Department, the Patent Attorney works closely with inventors, designers, management and outside counsel to develop ResMed's Intellectual Property portfolio and to advise the company on Intellectual Property issues.
• Timely Drafting and Prosecution of patent, design and trademark applications
• Advising Internal Clients on matters relating to Intellectual Property Law
• Periodic review of the company's Intellectual Property Portfolio to maintain alignment with the goals of the business.
• Support with intellectual property issues relating to litigation
• Review of competitor intellectual property rights
• To be knowledgeable about the IP portfolio, the products and technologies of interest to the business.
As a minimum requirement you will be a Qualified US, European or Australian patent attorney with a number of years post registration experience. Experience within biomedical engineering and in-house will be looked upon favourably.
Apply online by visiting this link: https://limited-resmed.icims.com/jobs/3084/job.
Employer Type: Other
Job Location: Sydney, Australia